Due to the five-week-long strike some events including the popular Comic Expo have been cancelled, while others have been rescheduled.
IGNITE’s Vice President at Guelph-Humber John Kokkoros said “the strike did affect some things that IGNITE planned for students, like our Halloween Party. However, we will be hosting many events once the strike is over that students can come to.”
Some events were cancelled including: Halloween Party and Comic Expo.
However, the following events have been rescheduled:
• Feb. 1, March 8 and April 12.
• Guest speakers will be announced a month prior to the event.
• This event allows students to hear the featured guest speakers’ experiences and advice. This event is open to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students and is a first-come, first-serve basis. Come early so you don’t miss out on this great experience.
• March 7, 2018.
• This sporting event welcomes students to show off their soccer skills and play FIFA to have a chance to win cool prizes.
• It will be held in the Games Room (KX101) at North Campus and in the Games Room (K Building) at Lakeshore Campus
• This event is open to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students – register to ensure you get one of the 16 spots available before they’re all booked.
• This provides students with the opportunity to take a break and relax during a busy school day. This service is free so come take advantage of this offer.
• Take a break during your busy school day and stop to catch a great movie.
• Jan. 12, 2018
• Feeling down about returning to school after Christmas break? Come to the Frost event for a great night of music, dancing and free food.
• More information regarding themes and DJs will be available on IGNITE’s website in the early New Year.